U.S. SUGAR MARKET FIVE-YEAR OUTLOOK
ANALYSIS ON FACTORS THAT WILL SHAPE THE MARKET OVER THE NEXT FIVE YEARS (2019-2023)
Price volatility in food ingredients is very difficult to manage.
To forecast prices for raw and refined sugar and formulate a risk management strategy in the next three to five years, key questions that must be considered include:
- What major elements could impact prices?
- Will the deteriorating public image of nutritive sweeteners continue to pressure demand?
- Will consumers favor sugar substitutes, and how cost competitive are these with sugar?
- Will there be changes to government policies such as the Farm Bill, NAFTA and other trade agreements,
and the Suspension Agreements on trade of sugar with Mexico?
- Will concerns surrounding the labeling of sugar from genetically modified beets discourage the use of
this ingredient or this technology?
- Will supplier consolidation or other structural industry changes occur?
Ultimately, sugar users must know how changes in the market landscape guide price direction for both the #16 raw sugar and white refined sugar markets. If you must have an understanding of these issues, our study makes your job easier.
We offer analysis and insights, accompanied by projections on supply and demand changes and price forecasting through 2023.
This study includes three hours of our experts’ time for a personalized review session to discuss our conclusions in depth.